a short throw-on-and-go dress is one everyone needs in their closet. This version's hand loomed jamdani fabric makes it extra special. Wear it belted or not for a more casual look.
Jamdani is a special weave that takes great time and skill to master. The entire process happens without aid of modern technology. Each "buti," as the white motif is called, is woven by hand, one line at a time as the fabric itself is woven on a hand loom. This heritage craft is native to the Indian state of west Bengal where our artisan partners are located. This fabric is woven and processed in small villages, in the homes of weavers.
- Pullover styling, 3 button front neck slit, comes with a tie belt.
- 100% cotton; lined in 100% cotton.
- Made in India.
- Care: hand wash cold using gentle detergent, avoid bleach, air dry. You can use a warm iron to smooth out any wrinkles. dry cleaning is also an option.
- Measurements from small: 35" long from high point on shoulder; bust 41" (gathers relaxed).
- Model is 5'8" and wears a small.